Monday, September 14, 2009

Third Ride in the Big Arena

Some of the CANTER riders decide to go to a hunter pace and suggest I take Mira. Let me clarify this will be at a local farm that has a summer riding camp for girls so we are not talking hard core! I realize if I am going to do this I will need to ride Mira more this week so we’re off to the big arena after work. Mira is a trooper walking over. Our CANTER Director Pam comes along to see Mira’s progress and we walk, trot and canter and add trotting over ground poles too.

We are still riding a little later in the evening when I realize the herd is being turned out. Hmmm, hadn’t thought about that? The pastures are directly outside the arena fence. Some of the thirty or so horses that board are turned out in the evening. It probably was a total of about 15-20? horses that were being turned out. How would Mira handle “the herd”? Mira did look at the horses walking, trotting, cantering, some quiet some noisy and was a total pro! Not fazed by the commotion! I get more and more impressed by this mare every ride. She just doesn’t see the need to get worked up over anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment